WireDuino is a production ready, freely programmable board to control and measure the power consumption of a power line.
It is based on Arduino Open Source Software Technology and it can virtually serve any controlling, automation and data-logging purpose for you.
- AC 220/110 V 50/60 Hz -> DC transformer
- Power metering circuitry able to measure Voltage and Current (so also the Power Factor)
- Power relay to switch ON/OFF the power line
- Programmable Board button
Easily connect the board in your wiring to build a power metering system
WireDuino can measure:
- Power factor
- Real and Apparent power
WireDuino is also expandable by using the onboard:
- Serial TTL Interface (through dedicated UART connector)
- I2C Interface (through Expansion header)
- SPI Interface(through Expansion header)
Thanks to the expansion header you can easily connect any external device (e.g. wifi, bluetooth modules such as ESP8266 or others).
A production ready Arduino library and all the developer resources are available at the following Github repository.